01 July 2010

Honeymoon Highlights: Starstruck

As I posted pictures of our trip to Chicago and linked to posts with pictures from our honeymoon in San Francisco, I realized that I never finished posting pictures of our honeymoon. And we had some fun times! This was a highlight, for sure... 

One of the first nights in San Francisco, we ate at Fleur de Lys--a fancy French restaurant. Let me give you a little background. Husby and I love to watch Top Chef and Top Chef Masters. Last year was the inaugural year for Top Chef Masters, and although I really liked all of the finalists, my absolute favorite chef was Hubert Keller. He was just so gracious, and I think we can all agree that you don't often hear the French considered gracious. (I know, I'm stereotyping, but the country wasn't exactly well-represented in the World Cup, either.)

Before we arrived at Fleur de Lys, I declared that if I met any of the three chefs who were finalists, I'd want to meet Hubert Keller. Some people might want to meet Justin Timberlake or a Twilight person, but I like chefs. While we were waiting for a table, I glanced at the entrance AND HE WALKED IN THE DOOR. Hubert Keller walked in the door and stood right beside us. He was attending the opening of his newest restaurant, but was asked to present a ring to a couple celebrating their 20th anniversary--to the wife on behalf of her husband, since she's a fan. So, he made a special trip. (See, he is super nice!)

Chef Keller greeted us; I was starstruck and couldn't speak. Before he was whisked off to present the ring, he promised to return to talk with us. So exciting! As soon as he returned, I immediately began telling him how much I liked him on Top Chef. He was SO KIND and offered to take a picture with us. Then he had two extra desserts and champagne sent at the end of our meal. It made me like him even more.


I've always sworn that I'd never be at a loss for words with a celebrity, and it's likely I wouldn't with movie stars, but put me in front of someone who's a chef--or maybe a Broadway star--and I'm speechless. Has anyone else been starstruck? Who would cause you to become speechless?

Oh, and you can read about the beginning of our adventures here, here, and here.

2 comments :

Kathryn said...

You are so beautiful. I love your honeymoon glow. I also love that you still have it :)

Kristina said...

Kathryn, you are too sweet!