06 November 2011

Thankful: Day 6

I am thankful for my job.
Although I {halfway} joke about wanting to be a stay-at-home dog mom,
I'm glad that I'm able to work.
I enjoy what I do. It's the perfect job for me.
Previously, when I worked in the foster care field, teenagers scared me.
But now, I have no idea what I'd do with a room full of 8 year olds!

I love being a college advisor.
I love being able to shape dreams.
I love interacting with kids every day.
In the summers, it's so quiet!

I am thankful that I get more time off than I would ever have with any other job.
Thanksgiving Break, Christmas Break, Winter Break, Spring Break, Easter Break,
and 3 weeks in the summer!
It's delightful, and I know that it is a luxury.
I love the field of education for this luxury.
And I try not to rub it in. Especially to Husby.

I am thankful for my bosses.
My immediate boss is probably the best college guidance counselor in Texas.
I've learned so much from her in three years.
And I'm super grateful that she's back this year, after an extended maternity leave last year.
Although it was a good year, I love my smaller desk.
We rearranged the office at the end of last year, and I like to think that my desk hugs me. Ha!
During the week, I spend more time with her in the waking hours than I do my husband.
We get along really well and laugh a lot.

I'm so happy to do something that I love.
Something impactful.
Something fun.

No comments :