03 November 2011

Thankful: Day 3

I am thankful for a God who loves me, who is my King.
Even when I fail to treat him as such.

I am thankful for a God who hears my prayers.
I am thankful when my prayers are answered to my liking.
I am thankful when they are not, even though my heart might hurt.

I am thankful for a God who is always present.
In the good and in the great.
And in the bad.
Especially when we feel like we don't deserve something in life.
Who deserves it, really? Non-Christians who have no hope?
And do we want what we really deserve?
Even when his children are hurting, he is there.
His heart breaks with ours.
I am thankful that he is my Comforter.

I am thankful that he is my joy.
He is Redeemer.
He is sovereign.
He is loving.
He is just.
He is wise.
And, since the Bible is truth and we're created in the image of God,
then I think he is a fun God who enjoys laughter.

For all of these, I am thankful.

{This morning I read Ann Voskamp's blog.

No comments :