02 November 2011

Thankful: Day 2

I am thankful for my family.

My parents are fantastic.
They are giving.
They are fun.
They are friends (now that I'm all grown up).
They are thoughtful.
They embarass me, sometimes.
My dad no longer wears socks with his sandals.
My mom never did wear socks with sandals. Thank goodness.
They are forgiving.
They're both amazing cooks.
They work extremely hard.
They love each other.
They love their children well.

Dad & Mom

My middle brother is getting married.
I couldn't have picked a better wife-to-be.
I'm super excited to get my very own sister-in-law.
(For the record, Husby's brother is married, but it's different that it's MY brother.
She's MY sister-in-law. Does that make sense?)

I am thankful for them both.
Paul often annoys me to no end.
Then he laughs.
Sometimes he tries to chase me with things dead or alive.
He loves getting a reaction out of me.
For years, my mom has told me to "just ignore him."
I've never done it.

He looks just like me.
I like to say he looks like a girl.
I'm not sure why he chases me with things dead or alive.

Brooke is hilarious. And funny.
She puts up with my brother.
And she loves him a lot.
Even when he comes after her with things dead or alive.

Brooke & Paul {They're using the same fabulous wedding photographer that we did.}

My Little Baby Brother (that's his preferred name) is Chad.
He's super cute.
And outdoorsy.
Just like his sister. Except I'm not outdoorsy.
Unless it means sitting outside in rocking chairs at Cracker Barrel.

He doesn't annoy me as much as Paul.
Except when he tries to act like a grown-up.
Then I remember that he's 25.
So he can have adult opinions.
He finally found a profession that he loves.
I'm super happy for him.
And super proud of him.
He has red hair.
I just got red highlights put in my hair.
I like them.
And I love him.

Little Baby Brother :)

3 comments :

Linda said...

And I, my dear, am thankful to have the precious family I have. You do not know what it means to read this blog. I love you all more than you will ever know. Thank you again. Love Mom :))

brooke said...

you are so sweet! it's so flattering to read about one's own self (that sounds pretentious but i couldn't figure out another way to word it without sounding like i'm illiterate). i am so glad that i get to be a part of your family!

since you inherited me, we can even, like totally have slumber parties and french braid each other's hair. ;)

Christine said...

SO SWEET! You have a wonderful family. And I agree, you could not ask for a better sister-in-law in Brooke!!