05 November 2011

Thankful: Day 5

Although simple, I'm thankful for wonderful smells.
I love that God created us with a sense of smell.
Currently, we're brewing a second pot of coffee, and it smells delightful.
On a not-so-early-morning walk, the smell of hay filled the west Texas skies.

Other smells I love include: 
  • freshly baked rolls from my mom's restaurant (which pales in comparison to eating them, with the tops brushed with butter as they're pulled from the oven),
  • the dentist office (I'm not sure why, but I've always loved it, even though I don't love the dentist),
  • vanilla caramel tea
  • Husby's cologne
  • libraries and used bookstores
  • pork bacon while it's frying (I typically don't eat pork bacon)
  • fresh laundry
  • grapefruit
  • rosemary, dill and mint

No comments :