24 January 2011

Weekend Update & a Recipe

This weekend was productive for me! I did laundry, organized, took a load to Goodwill, did laundry, started another donation pile, cooked, did laundry, framed artwork we bought in Europe this summer, cooked, framed our wedding invite, and did laundry. I've decided that ever after my 100 thing purge, we still have too much stuff. This week, I'm taking about 125 magazines to a women's ministry. I sure hope they like Real Simple, Country Living, and  Southern Living!

Yesterday was our turn to take breakfast to Sunday School, so I made Sausage Cheese Muffins that are TO DIE FOR! Think sausage ball, but not dry and hard to swallow. They're so super tasty. I got the recipe from Gina--one of my favorite people in the whole world. (Whose daughter's I babysat in high school and are now old enough to drive and go to college.) Anyway, Gina is a fabulous cook, and I like to invite myself to her house for dinner. She even takes requests. Her gift is service, for sure! (Gina, if you're reading this, can I come over the next time Danielle is in town?)

Back to those Sausage Cheese Muffins. You'll have to make these the next time you have a crowd, otherwise you'll eat four at a time. And I'm thinking that sausage plus cheese means a lot of calories! Although, they freeze really well and make for an easy breakfast. Simply wrap one in a paper towel and microwave for 30-40 seconds. But be careful, the cheese gets about as hot as the sun!

They were a hit in our class. I really thought I'd have a least one left to take a picture, but that didn't work out as planned. Here's a picture from Southern Living:



Sausage Cheese Muffins
From the kitchen of Gina, and adapted from Southern Living

Ingredients
1 lb. ground pork sausage
3 C Bisquick
1 1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese
1 can Campbell's Cheddar Cheese Soup
3/4 C water
1/2 t garlic powder

Directions
Cook sausage in a skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain and cool. (I did this the day before and refrigerated it.) Combine sausage, Bisquick, and shredded cheese in a large bowl. In another bowl, stir together soup, 3/4 cup water, and garlic powder; add to sausage mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Spoon into lightly greased muffin pans, filling to top of cups. Bake at 375° for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned.

Makes 18 muffins.

3 comments :

Stefani said...

This looks and sounds like a big ole' Southern winter comfort favorite!! I'm making this for our superbowl party-- with a bunch of Texans present. How many does this recipe yield? If I use a large muffin tin?

Yippy!

S

Kristina said...

Oops just saw this! I usually get 18 muffins.

Stefani said...

That is hilarious, because it made exactly 18 muffins my friend. They were a huge success. Thanks.