26 February 2010

Friday Miscellany: Color Edition

I have not forgotten about my promise to Friday Miscellany, which, by the way, has never been posted on a Friday. Let's get to it...

1. I'm having a decorating crisis in our living room. My grand plan has turned out to be not so grand. Our living room is varying shades of neutrals. And I don't enjoy a vast array of neutrals. I need color to spice things up. The new couch was delivered on Tuesday. Don't get me wrong, I love the couch. It's just that now I don't love everything else in the room. It's not "me." With wood floors and Sherwin Williams Latte walls, a milk chocolate couch and tan chairs, now the sage green rug looks neutral. I'm working on it. I've been shopping for an area rug to brighten up the joint. But I haven't had much luck. And every time I show Husby a rug, he likes to point out that it's a neutral rug. Which they are. It's just hard to hear. All I want is the perfect rug. Blue, perhaps. But maybe not. Green? I don't know. What do I do?! I have no idea.

2. Speaking of blue. I'm really liking it more than I ever have. It started with the blue quilt and throw pillows on our bed. With the white comforter and shams, it looks so calm and bright. I think that's why I want a light blue rug in the living room. I want that feel in our living room. I want it to be cozy and it's just not.

3. I was really excited about the newest quiz in this month's Real Simple. The purpose is to help find which style best suits your taste. Only it didn't. I somehow had equal numbers on two of the categories: Cozy Casual and Vintage Eclectic with Modern Graphic not far behind. How did I do this?

4. If you notice the changing blog layout, I wasn't a huge fan of the grey background. Again, it was a drab, neutral color that doesn't do much for me. I much prefer the giraffe with yellow.

5. Because I should post more pictures with my blogs, here you go. I love the color in these two pictures I took in California. Don't they look good enough to eat?! I love that the limes have water droplets on them.

Y'all have a good weekend!

2 comments :

Christine said...

How about a RED rug? Do you have a Homegoods? They have amazing rugs!!

Pleasant Living said...

Why is it that things that look fabulous in our heads somehow turn out all wrong? I'm having a similar rug dilemma in our great room. The rug is entirely too small. Like, I need one twice the size. And, it is much too busy with our new paisley chairs. So, I'm thinking either a solid or stripe that's twice the size. I can use this one under the dining room table, so it's not a total loss, but it looked MUCH bigger in The Dump than it looks in my house.