02 May 2011

Weekend Update

I wish I had an exciting story to tell about our weekend adventures, but I don't. On Friday, Husby and I drove to Northwest Arkansas to visit for his grandfather's 90th birthday. One of us visited; the other stayed in the hotel room in an attempt not to infect others with a sore throat-fever-achy illness. Instead of visiting with his aunt, uncle and cousin that had flown in from AUSTRALIA and his nonagenarian grandfather, I slept, watched movies and read. It sounds like a great way to spend a weekend, and it probably would have been if not for the retaliation of my body.

Illness always seems to strike at my busiest times. Remember in October when I had my wisdom teeth removed, then had four dry sockets AND a stomach virus? Yeah, that was at my busiest time in the fall. Now, I can barely speak, and I woke up with a migraine that turned into an ocular migraine with a fun blind spot in the center of my vision for about 45 minutes this morning. Fun times! It happens to be in the middle of my busiest time during the spring. From April 20-May 15, I prepared for less sleep and more stress. I guess that my body doesn't like that combo, thus the revenge. Perhaps I should file this away: get rest, eat well and have balance or my body will come up with it's own way for doing this.

During my time at the hotel, I read some of Cutting for Stone.
It's been on the best seller lists for a while, but I just can't get into it. I'm hopeful that it will pick up, by I'm about 1/3 through the book, and I'm not loving it.

I also watched plenty of television, including Extreme Couponing. I'm not sure I totally understand the concept of buying 67 bottles of mustard just because it's 30 cents, especially when no one in the family really loves mustard. And don't 200 bags of chips go stale before eating them? I'm all for a bargain, and I'm known to love a good deal, but I can't see the benefit in buying in this much excess. I clip coupons periodically and love knowing when I save $7, but spending 6 hours to prep for a grocery trip isn't a good use of my time.

I was also able to watch a one hour review of the royal wedding. I loved every minute of it and tonight I'm watching the whole thing. (Husby doesn't know this, but I think I can play the sick card and win!) I'm just a tad obsessed with this royalty! I loved her dress (of course), her simple bouquet, her smile and the love she shows her husband. Here are some of my favorite pictures from the wedding.
Seriously, these Middleton girls have great figures. I haven't seen a bad picture of Pippa in that dress!

I love that Harry turned to look at Kate before William was able to see her.

I loved their vows.

This picture makes them seem very normal. I love the smile on her face and the smirk on his.

Such poise and grace. What a beautiful princess!

Of course, the pictures of the kiss are fun, but I love that she
took the time out of her first day as a princess to talk to this sweet little girl!

No comments :