18 October 2010

A (sort of) Quick Update

Mercy. Time is flying! I've been so, so busy at work that I don't have much free time, even at home. Things like cleaning house, cooking and doing laundry somehow trump blogging. Dang it. In the next two weeks, my 45 seniors will submit over 100 college applications. That's a lot. And it's not all.

Also on the docket: having my wisdom teeth removed this Thursday. Ugh. I've had horrible headaches the past few months, and we seem to think that this could be a cause, so we're starting with the obvious. I'd love prayers for a smooth procedure and quick healing. (See above: 45 seniors submitting 100 college applications by November 1. I have to be back at work next Monday.) My oral surgeon seems hopeful that things will go well. I'm hopeful that he knows what he's talking about. And do you know that the I.V. scares me more than the procedure? Ha! Oh, and I learned today that if you're a newlywed, and you keep a doctor's appointment a secret, co-workers think there's a baby involved.

Over the weekend, Husby and I celebrated a year of marriage. On day 364, I learned that he doesn't like Cheez-it's. On day 365, I learned that he's allergic to tissues, which is why he uses handkerchiefs. I'm most sad that he doesn't appreciate a Cheez-it. Poor thing.We went to the Big City [Dallas] to celebrate. Thanks to Hotwire, we had a pretty nice hotel room for the price of a Motel 6 (or Hotel 6 as Husby calls it). I'm for sure doing that again! I love a good deal. I'll share more about our trip later.

I was so, so happy last night when I read my September issue of Real Simple Magazine. Yes, I'm behind. (See above: 45 seniors/100 applications. They're my life.) I must say that just seeing the magazine peek out of the top of the mailbox makes me grin. But this had a Bed Bath & Beyond coupon in it! I swear I used to get 1-2 per week, but I've waited for about 7 weeks and didn't get a single one. I needed it to use with gift cards we received for our wedding to buy this:


It's the InStyler--a rotating hot iron. I can't use a regular straight iron because it singes my hair; I'm hopeful that this will do the trick. My hairstylist used one on me a couple of hair cuts ago, and I loved it. I can't wait to use it tomorrow.

Oh! Guess who I saw today at school... the prince of Saudi Arabia. Isn't that cool?! He was in town for some medical procedure (so goes the rumor). I thought that was pretty dang cool! That probably won't happen again. :)

And one last thing...today we celebrated a birthday at our house. We have a six year old. I just can't believe how time flies!


Crickett, at six years old, you are:

Able to tear the squeaker out of a new toy in less than 30 minutes.

Eating way too much. We actually switched your treats today so lower your daily calorie intake.
 I'm sure you'll be so happy about that over the next few days.

Waking me up at about 4am to get into our bed. (I have to lift you up since you're so short.)

Picking up your empty water cup and throwing it across the floor when you want more.
That sign language just isn't working.

Completely against any physical affection between me and your dad unless you're in the middle.

Okay, I just couldn't resist. Y'all have a great week. I'll be back more consistently at some point.

No comments :