10 March 2011

Glorious

I often have fun stories after a trip to WalMart. Things just happen to me. I recently decided that I would become a WalMart shopper. I wanted to save a little cash. However, a couple of weeks later, I realized my ways and swore off WalMart once again. Mainly because of the consumerism aspect of WM and how badly they treat their employees. I've returned to the land of Target (perhaps not much better with consumerism, but they do treat employees well) and our locally owned grocery store. Even though I visit two stores for my weekly shopping, I don't have as much stress when I'm done. Mainly because the buggies don't sound like a snare drum with marbles inside being shaken.

But today, I have a great story from our grocery store. It was rather desolate because a NEW and IMPROVED store by the same company opened today. I had a cashier and bag boy immediately. As I walked out of the store, in front of my bag boy wearing a trapper hat in 68 degree weather, this was our convo:

Him (VERY excited): Have you seen Burlesque?!
Me: No, no I haven't.
Him: YOU HAVE TO SEE BURLESQUE! IT'S SO GOOD!
Me: Oh, okay, I'll put it on my list of movies to wa---
Him: Some people say it's a chick flick, but I don't think so. IT'S JUST GOOD!
Me (smiling): Well, okay. I'll have to see i---
Him: It has Cher! CHER!
Me (smiling bigger): She is talented, isn't she?
Him: CHER IS SO TALENTED! YOU HAVE TO WATCH IT! BURLESQUE IS SO GOOD!
Me: Thank you for the recommendation.

I love moments like these. Sometimes I think that there's a video camera catching my reaction when these things happen to me. And in real life, I'm a great story teller, so trust that this was absolutely hilarious!

No comments :