27 December 2009

To Make a Long Story Short

Merry belated Christmas, y'all. It's been a whirlwind of a month.
(Seriously...only four posts in December? That's just ridiculous!)

We actually started Christmas celebrations the week before Christmas. Husby's brother and sister-in-law spent the holidays in Spain, visiting her family. So we did the full-blown Christmas dinner, presents, breakfast, and stockings starting the 18th. It was awesome to get presents a week in advance!

Last week was a packed week. I had my first ever crown in my mouth. Actually, it's just the prep work with the temporary crown. More on that later. I cleaned house, did laundry and cooked. For two days. I made almost all of the food we took to Athens for our Christmas Eve celebration with my family and the Wilson's, our family friends. I also made two dishes to take to Christmas lunch with Husby's fam. Of course it required use of every utensil and bowl in our kitchen, so the dishwasher never stopped. But it was all worth it. We had a wonderful Christmas celebrations with both families.

So my temporary crown happened to come out yesterday. By last night I wanted to do my own root canal. Yeah, I've heard those are painful, but once that nerve is gone, you're home free. At least that's what I believe. Instead, I took some super-duper pain killers that knocked me into a deep sleep. When I woke this morning, it was difficult to get out of bed, walk and talk. So, other than making lunch and dinner, I've not done much except watch movies in the living room on a palate made from couch cushions and a featherbed. On the playlist: Confessions of a Shopaholic, Head Over Heels, and Little Women. Husby played a video game for the better part of the afternoon, which allowed free reign over the television. Very nice.

I'm headed downstairs now to toast some bread for our supper of bruschetta. We're eating it while we watch Julie & Julia. It was in my stocking. Along with a super cute hat and leather gloves. Do I have the best husband, or what?!

No comments :